Monday, May 16, 2011

Vegan Sweet Potato Curry Pie


My family just loves Curries and we love Shepard's Pie. So, I wanted to combine two of our favorite dishes to make a curry pie.


First I baked 5 sweet potatoes in the oven for 1 hour. Then I took them out of the oven to let them cool. 

While they are cooling combine the following ingredients in a pan:
1 large onion, chopped
5 carrots, diced

Cook the onions and carrots in 1 cup water until soft. Then add...
1 bag frozen peas
2 cups spinach
1 cup cauliflower
2 cups red pepper
1 can light coconut milk
2 cups chickpeas
2 T mild curry powder
1 T tomato paste

Then simmer for 15 minutes.

Once the potatoes are warn peel . Add 1 cup of coconut milk. Mash the potatoes. 
I did the cooking and baking in one pan. So, I layered the mashed sweet potatoes over the curry mix. 

Bake for 25 minutes in a 350-degree oven until bubbly and crisp on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment