Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers Day Carrot Cake with Creamy Cashew Frosting

Happy Mothers Day!
Plumeria blossoms
Today was a fantastic day. We began the day with Mass. 

Then we went into Baltimore to have brunch. We ended up eating at a Indian restaurant. They had 6 vegetarian dishes of those 3 did not have dairy. So, I filled my plate with the 3 wonderful options. I only hope to one day be able to make Indian food taste so well! 


We then went home~the boys gave me my lovely aprons. They did a impromptu skit for me with the aprons on. How sweet are my boys! 

The Aprons can be purchased at The Hip Hostess

Then they surprised me with cleaning my truck! 
Lucky me! 
view details

So, while they were working hard I decided to make a carrot cake. This cake has no added sugar or fat! This cake was a modification of The Joy of Vegan Baking


Lets just say this cake is very moist and heavy. I am working on how to eliminate processed oil and refined sugars in foods. I substituted dates, coconut, apples, pineapple and more carrots to make up for the loss of fats and sugars.

It is very good. 

The icing is made of soaked raw cashews, 1/2 banana, 1 date, and coconut flakes. It was adapted from The Daily Dietribe


What a very good way to end the very best mothers day a lady can have. I hope you day was filled of your family loving on you! 
Hopefully, you got to kick your feet up and enjoy a piece of cake too!


I saw this video about Moms "One Instinct" Thought you would enjoy!! Thanks Mrs. Bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment