Monday, May 9, 2011

Brazilian Stew



This black bean stew is so delicious. I just had to have seconds. I used the recipe from Color Me Vegan

  • onions
  • garlic
  • home-made chorizo sausage, crumbled
  • 2 yams diced
  • black beans
  • water
  • peppers (I used tri-color)
  • 1 jalapeño pepper
  • oregano
  • cumin
  • can chopped tomato with juice
  • cilantro
  • mango 
I cooked the black beans. Then I added all of the ingredients except cilantro and the mango. I brought the stew to a boil then cooked covered for 20 minutes on low heat. After you put the stew in the bowl add the cilantro and the diced mango.

This yummy stew was eaten on a bed of brown rice by my boys. While I enjoyed the stew alone. 




This Brazilian Stew is so delicious I will be making it again! This stew was enjoyed by the entire family. And it adheres to the Eat to Live diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment