Saturday, May 14, 2011

Raw corn chips


I have been intrigued with the Raw food diet.
So, I decided to make a chip.
This chip is great for Mexican dips.


Raw Corn Chip


1 bag frozen corn, defrosted
1/2 onion
a few slices of red pepper
 a sprinkle of garlic powder and lime juice
Blend all ingredients.
Pour on lined baking sheets.
Bake in oven at lowest setting for a few hours.
I turned the oven off a few times during this process. (for several hours at a time)

The baking pans were always warm not hot.

I do not have a food dehydrator. So, I had to use the oven method. 
To make sure the food is raw, you can leave the oven door open. I will consider doing that during the winter!

The chips were crispy! Tasted good. But, not what we are used too.
So, I will try this chip again with modification in the seasonings.

Live foods...means less processed foods!


No comments:

Post a Comment