Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Banana, Oatmeal, Raisin Breakfast Bread

After seeing the Cupcake Right Now Blog from Peas and Thank You I knew that I had to revise the recipe to make it for my family!  The original recipe had way to much sugar in it. So I used my "tricks" to make this breakfast bread. 
 Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Bread
  • 2 c. old fashioned oats
  • 1 1/4 c. hot water
  • 1 blended ripe banana
  • 1/4 c. peanut butter
  • 1 c. dates pureed
  • 1 c. vanilla almond milk
  • 1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 t. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 t. baking powder
  • 1 t. ener-g egg replacer
  • 1 t. cinnamon
  • 1/2 t. nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 2 T. crushed flax seeds (optional)
Combine the oatmeal with the water. Add the dry ingredients. Blend the banana and the dates with the vanilla almond milk. Mix the wet with the dry ingredients. Fold in the raisins. Top with the crushed flax seeds and a few raisins. Bake in 350-degree oven for 35-40 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.

I know the original recipe looks fantastic and I am sure it taste as good as it looks! In order to keep my family on the path to great health I had to modify this cake. With the modification...it is yummy! It taste like banana oatmeal cookies. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment