Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pad Thai: JT's pick

Pad Thai: JT's pick
JTs pick tonight. He picked Thai. He loves Thai food and most of all he loves Pad Thai. So I made Pad Thai two ways.

First, as a salad as in Appetite for Reduction. This salad was delicious. It gave you the taste of Pad Thai without the extra starch of the noodles.

Second, as the more traditional recipe. I made this recipe from The Vegan Table. I did add broccoli and carrots to increase the vegetables in the dish. I substituted oven baked tempeh for the tofu. I baked it with some of the salad dressing from Appetite for Reduction's Thai Salad recipe. I marinated the tempeh for an hour then baked it for 30 minutes.

Pad Thai

  • rice noodles
  • tempeh, baked
  • organic creamy peanut butter
  • brown rice syrup
  • Briggs soy sauce
  • lime juice
  • garlic cloves
  • broccoli
  • carrots
  • cilantro
  • peanuts
Cook the rice noodles. I cooked the carrots and broccoli in the same water as the rice noodles. Combine peanut butter, brown rice syrup, soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic cloves. Drain the noodles. Add the sauce. Top with the cilantro and crushed peanuts.  

This dish was overall a fantastic dinner! I actually ended up combining the two Pad Thai's. Yummy!! JT has requested this to be made again. (I do believe he had 3 bowls of it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment