Friday, April 29, 2011

Project Seitan


Project Seitan: Success!!

My adventure began yesterday, I decided to make some Seitan! So I found a recipe from Bryanna Gorgan. The cooking took the better part of the day like most good things! I must say this Seitan was a HIT in my family!!  

I thought Ed was going to hate it. But, He said he liked it. The boys ate tons of it! Jake actually said this is so good I would like to eat it in a BBQ sandwich. JT said that he thought I made "real" meat but knew that I could not. Being that our home rule is only Vegan food will be served in this home. 

Next time I plan on making this Seitan more like chicken. Then I can see if I can make some un-chicken nuggets for the boys and hot un-chicken wings for Ed!



Brazilian Black Beans with Brown Rice

Seitan Yummy!!

2 comments:

  1. Which of Bryanna's seitan recipes did you use? She has so many, lol!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Courtney~ I made the ham seitan. In th past I have made the chicken. I do want to try the salami and the beef. Although, the recipe is very time consuming...it is so worth it!

    Which one do you like to cook?

    ReplyDelete